Moments ago, SeaWorld Orlando and the Walt Disney World Resort submitted their plans and protocols on the reopening of the resort. While only the dates may have come as a surprise, there are numerous policies that will be in place that we’ve seen at other reopenings.
- SeaWorld Orlando presented their reopening plans this morning, hoping to reopen for an Employee Celebration Night on June 10th, with a public reopening on June 11th.
- Seaworld is requiring anyone over two and a half years of age to wear facial coverings, and all guests must go through a temperature check before entering the park.
- All animal viewing spaces will have markings in their exhibits to promote distancing, with certain exhibits only allowing one party at a time.
- Regarding Aquatica and Discovery Cove, the presentation included CDC advisements that COVID-19 does not travel in water environments with proper sanitation, and reinforced their cleaning policies as well as increased cleaning of high contact surfaces like Rafts and Life Vests.
- The Walt Disney World Resort has also presented their reopening plans to Orange County and are now moving forward for state approval.
- The proposal outlines a phased reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort, with Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom set to reopen on July 11th. EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios would open a bit later on July 15th.
- There was no mention regarding Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, or any of the resort hotels.
- As was expected, face coverings will be required while on property. Reduced capacity of theme parks, restaurants, retail, attractions, and even transportation offerings such as buses and monorails will be implemented.
- Temperature checks will be required at the entrance of each park and will be administered by a third party, likely Advent Health as we’ve seen at the already-reopened Disney Springs.
- A new team of cast members will be on patrol engaging guests and politely enforcing new policies, such as keeping distance and wearing face masks.
- “High Touch” Experiences, such as playgrounds and character meet and greets will be suspended temporarily.
- Most notably, a new reservation system is being implemented and reservations must be acquired to enter the park.
- Full details regarding the reopening of Walt Disney World can be found here.