Star Wars: Andor will be the second live-action TV show set in the Star Wars universe on Disney+ after the acclaimed series The Mandalorian first debuted in November of 2019 and continued with its second season this fall. The sizzle reel includes interview footage with star Diego Luna (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) plus behind-the-scenes footage from the set of the show and a few tantalizing glimpses of concept art for Andor.
Watch Sizzle Reel | Andor | Disney+:
- Lucasfilm has released a two-minute sizzle reel for Andor, the next live-action Star Wars series currently in production for a premiere on Disney+ sometime in the future. Today also marked the official reveal for the series’ title.
- Andor stars Diego Luna, reprising his role as Cassian Andor from the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the VOID virtual-reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire.
- Other cast members include Stellan Skarsgård (Thor), Adria Arjona (Pacific Rim: Uprising), Fiona Shaw (Aunt Petunia of the Harry Potter films), Denise Gough (2010’s Robin Hood), Kyle Soller (Anna Karenina), and Genevieve O’Reilly returning as Mon Mothma, the part she played in Rogue One and deleted scenes from Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
- Curiously omitted from the cast list is Alan Tudyk, who was assumed to be returning as former Imperial security droid K-2SO.
What they’re saying:
- Lucasfilm: “Andor, a tense nail-biting spy thriller created by Tony Gilroy, is set to arrive on Disney+ in 2022. Diego Luna, reprising the role of rebel spy Cassian Andor from “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,” will be joined by a fantastic new cast that includes Stellan Skarsgård, Adria Arjona, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, Kyle Soller and Genevieve O’Reilly as Mon Mothma.”