While it had soft opened a few weeks ago, today was the grand opening of Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs, and the crowds showed up in droves for their chance at the delicious baked cookies.
- Though it soft opened a few weeks ago before closing again, Gideon’s Bakehouse reopened again on the 14th but their official Grand Opening was today, and the cookie crowd showed up first thing this morning.
- A virtual queue was put into place with a monstrously large (almost as big as the cookie these folks are looking for) line stretching throughout Disney Springs just to register for the virtual queue.
- Early reports said the wait was 5 hours long with the time only increasing. Allegedly, the virtual queue reached an 11 hour wait before being closed due to capacity.
- For today’s event, Gideon’s has available (while supplies last) a free commemorative Limited Edition 11×14 Art Print of their signature Gargoyle. Each will be signed and numbered by artist Michael Reyes. They are limited to 1000 pieces and available one per transaction, as well as a Free 3 x 5 Inch Gideon's Gargoyle Sticker (One per transaction with each available Gargoyle Print). For the Festivities, specialty cookie flavors will be available, and today is also the release of a new Gideon’s Bakehouse T-Shirt featuring the Gargoyle.
- Interestingly, this new Disney Springs location isn’t the only one in the Orlando area. Their original location is at the East End Market, North of Walt Disney World near Downtown Orlando, a roughly 20-30 minute drive from Disney Springs. If not for the Grand Opening festivities (and giveaways), die-hard cookie fans could theoretically visit the flagship location, acquire their cookies, and return in a substantially lower amount of time.
- Gideon’s already has some die-hard fans, thanks mostly due to their handmade cookies that are nearly a half pound each, and coming in a variety of classic and new flavors like Original Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Crunch, Cookies and Cream, Coffee Toffee, and exclusively at the new Disney Springs location, Coffee Cake.
- Specialty cake slices as well as seasonal cookie flavors vary and are also offered.
- Gideon’s Bakehouse is now officially open at Disney Springs.