- Flee will be distributed in North America by Participant and NEON.
- The animated documentary took home the World Cinema Grand Jury Prize for a Documentary at this year’s virtual film festival.
- The film follows an Afghanistan refugee who goes by the name Amin Nawabi as he recounts for the first time his story of seeking asylum with his family and discovering his homosexuality as a teenager.
- Click here to read our full review of Flee.
- NEON has a streaming deal with Hulu and previous partnerships with Participant have included MONOS and Totally Under Control, both of which are currently streaming on Disney’s general audience streaming service.
What They’re Saying:
- Diane Weyermann, Chief Content Officer for Participant: “We were awestruck by Jonas Poher Rasmussen’s beautiful and intimate Flee and are so proud to join with NEON in co-distributing this film.”
- Signe Byrge Sørensen and Monica Hellström, Producers: “We are extremely happy to continue our collaboration with Participant which began with the Look of Silence.”