Walt Disney Imagineers have revealed more of the backstory of Alberta Falls, who we’ve heard of before, but seems to be taking center stage in the coming changes to the classic Jungle Cruise attraction at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Earlier this year, Disney announced that they would be changing the classic Jungle Cruise attraction at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom, to build on the original story, and add more humor, wildlife and skipper heart to the classic attraction. As part of a much larger effort, this updated experience will welcome new characters from around the world.
- The enhancements include several new scenes guests will experience along the river, all interconnected. The world-famous skippers will continue to share the unique adventure and interactions guests expect on the Jungle Cruise.
- The new scenes will heighten the skippers’ legendary comedic tone, beginning with a trapped safari party that finds itself up a tree after their journey goes awry. Unexpected scenarios along the way will give the jungle and animals the last laugh!
- For those looking to dive deeper, Disney Imagineers are also expanding the attraction’s backstory, centered around Alberta Falls, granddaughter of world-renowned Dr. Albert Falls, as the proprietor of the Jungle Navigation Company Ltd. Jungle Cruise fans might be familiar with her name; however, a recently uncovered a copy of an interview with Alberta Falls has surfaced that was featured in a 1938 issue of The Daily Gnus about her and the World-Famous Jungle Cruise, allowing fans some insight into the character.
- No opening date or timeline has been announced yet regarding the changes coming to the Jungle Cruise at either Disneyland or Walt Disney World.