- Walt Disney Imagineering Site Portfolio Executive Zach Riddley posted on Instagram that work will begin on the Jungle Cruise’s reimagining over at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Updating the scenes will take place in phases over the next several months while the attraction remains open to Guests.
The Instagram Message Reads:
“You may start to notice some monkey business along the river as work begins on Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom. The good news for all of you visiting @waltdisneyworld is the attraction will remain open to guests while our teams update scenes in a phased approach over the next several months.
We can’t wait to share the enhancements with our guests as we build on the story of the Jungle Cruise at both Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park.”
About the Jungle Cruise Reimagining:
- Earlier this year, Disney announced that they would be changing the classic Jungle Cruise attraction at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom to build on the original story, add more humor, wildlife, and skipper heart to the classic attraction. As part of a much larger effort, this updated experience will welcome new characters from around the world.
- The enhancements include several new scenes Guests will experience along the river, all interconnected. The world-famous skippers will continue to share the unique adventure and interactions guests expect on the Jungle Cruise.
- The new scenes will heighten the skippers’ legendary comedic tone, beginning with a trapped safari party that finds itself up a tree after their journey goes awry. Unexpected scenarios along the way will give the jungle and animals the last laugh!
- Just the other day, Disney released details on all the new characters you’ll see on the updated attraction.