- Deadline has reported that ITV America and the Writers Guild of America (WGA) have ended their dispute involving ABC’s The Chase.
- Writers on the show went on strike on March 24 after ITV America refused to cover writers’ work under the Minimum Basic Agreement (MBA) which guarantees quiz and audience participation show writers essential provisions like health and pension benefits and residuals.
- The WGA wanted the Minimum Basic Agreement to be guaranteed for all seasons.
- The first season has finished its run with nine episodes that have aired.
About the Show:
- “The Chase is a heart-racing quiz show where three competitors must pit their wits and face off against the Chaser, a ruthless quiz genius determined to stop them from winning cash prizes. Each hour-long episode is a fast-paced battle of brain power, where contestants are challenged to think faster than they ever thought possible to answer up to 166 questions across all topics.”
- The first season featured Jeopardy! champions Ken Jennings, James Holzhauer, and Brad Rutter serving as the experts challenging the contestants.
- Sara Haines is the host of the show.
If you want to learn more, you can check out Alex’s review of the ABC game show.