Mads Mikkelsen will be joining Harrison Ford and the recently announced Phoebe Waller-Bridge in the upcoming fifth installment of the Indiana Jones franchise, according to Deadline.
- After the recent news that Phoebe Waller-Bridge would be joining the cast as one of the leads of the upcoming fifth Indiana Jones film, it has been reported that Mads Mikkelsen will be joining the cast of the film to co-star alongside Harrison Ford.
- Plot details are still unclear at this time, so what role Mikkelsen will play is unknown.
- James Mangold is directing this time around, though Steven Spielberg is serving as producer alongside Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel. Reportedly, Mangold is still meeting with additional talent for other roles for the film.
- The fifth Indiana Jones film is hoping to begin production this summer and is set to debut July 29th, 2022.
- Mikkelsen has also recently joined the upcoming Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them film, taking over the role of Grindelwald from Johnny Depp, who is no longer attached to the franchise. He also played the role of Galen Erso in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and Kaecillius in Doctor Strange, making him a part of nearly every major franchise in Hollywood today. He also earned numerous award nominations for his recent turn in Another Round.