In his first major role, newcomer Rolando Chusan has been cast as a lead in the ensemble cast of ABC’s upcoming drama pilot, Promised Land, according to Deadline.
- Newcoming actor Rolando Chusan has reportedly been cast alongside John Ortiz, Andres Velez, and Katya Martin in the new ABC drama pilot, Promised Land.
- The show, written by Matt Lopez, is an epic, generation-spanning drama about two Latinx families vying for wealth and power in California’s Sonoma Valley.
- Chusan will reportedly play Billy, a worker on the Heritage House vineyard in the Sonoma Valley. Billy dreams of one day owning the vineyard and has an immediate spark with Juana (Katya Martín), launching an intense rivalry with Billy’s brother, Carlos (Andres Velez), who is also in love with her.
- This is Chusan’s first major role after performing in Labyrinth Theater Company’s 2019 intensive ensemble, and ABC Discover’s 2020 Showcase last summer. He also has had bit parts in several series, including Step Into My Office, and Modern Love.
- Promised Land, previously known as American Heritage, is being produced by ABC Signature and expands Lopez’s long standing relationship with Disney where he has been considered as a go-to writer with many previous productions under his belt.
- No premiere date for Promised Land has been announced at this time.