An increase in COVID-19 cases has led to the announcement of a new face covering mandate in Los Angeles County starting on Saturday, July 17 at 11:59 pm, which will impact Universal Studios Hollywood.
- COVID-19 cases are on the rise once again in Los Angeles County and other spots around California, which has led to the announcement of a mask mandate being put in place for everyone whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated while indoors.
- The announcement will also impact Universal Studios Hollywood, which confirmed that face coverings will be required while indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- The new mandate will begin on Saturday, July 17 at 11:59 pm.
Wearing a mask indoors with others reduces the risk of both getting & transmitting the virus. We’re requiring masking for everyone while indoors at public settings & businesses, regardless of vaccination status so that we can stop the increased level of transmission we're seeing. pic.twitter.com/xmr77qsmBv
— LA Public Health (@lapublichealth) July 15, 2021
What They’re Saying:
- Universal Studios Hollywood Spokesperson: “We continue to follow the guidance of health and government officials to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members and starting Sunday we will require that face coverings be worn within all indoor venues, regardless of vaccination status.”
More from Universal Studios Hollywood:
- Guests to Universal Studios Hollywood have another great option if they want to dine just outside the park gates at Universal CityWalk with the opening of the NBC Sports Grill & Brew.
- Universal Studios Hollywood revealed two houses for Halloween Horror Nights 2021 with the return of Leatherface in “The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” and the Bride of Frankenstein – in “Universal Monsters: The Bride of Frankenstein Lives.”