Construction continues on TRON Lightcycle / Run in Magic Kingdom’s Tomorrowland, but what is this? A new building taking shape from the Storybook Circus side of the construction site!
- Construction continues on the highly anticipated North American debut of TRON Lightcycle / Run at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
- We were in the Storybook Circus area of the park and caught some glimpses of the ride track and show building that will house the bulk of the coaster experience.
- Blue netting continues to make up the canopy of the exterior portion of the attraction, soon to be replaced with a more permanent structure similar to what appears on the attraction at Shanghai Disneyland.
- Notably, a new structure has taken place on the Storybook Circus side of the attraction, noticeable from The Barnstormer roller coaster. The structure looks simple in shape, and we don’t know officially what this structure is at this time.
- When the attraction opens, guests will be able to climb aboard their own Lightcycle and hold on as they are swept into the computer world of TRON, beginning a race that will be unlike any other.
- TRON Lightcycle / Run is reported to be nearly identical to the coaster that debuted in Shanghai Disneyland when that park opened. That version of the attraction has remained extremely popular with park guests, and is a big hit with fans from all over the world.
- No official opening date has been announced for Tron Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom, and a lack of mention of it during recent Christmas media events, commercials, and announcements from D23 cause many to believe it will not be open in time to celebrate Walt Disney World’s 50th Anniversary as originally intended.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning