In celebration of “World Princess Week,” Disney has shared artwork for The Princess and the Frog attraction coming soon as a reimagining of Splash Mountain to both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney has shared artwork for The Princess and the Frog attraction coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World, as a reimagining of Splash Mountain.
- The reimagining was announced a while back, but other than one piece of concept art, nothing new had been shared. To celebrate “World Princess Week,” Disney has given a new look at what has been happening at Walt Disney Imagineering with a discussion hosted by ABC’s Kenneth Moton.
- The story for the attraction will take place after the final kiss with Naveen and Louis joining Tiana on her latest adventure of hosting a one-of-a-kind Mardi Gras celebration.
- Original music inspired by songs from the film will be a part of the experience, with Tiana leading the way.
- In the video above, Kenneth Moton from ABC News joins Stella Chase Reese, Owner of Dooky Chase’s Restaurant in New Orleans and daughter of Leah Chase; Carmen Smith, Creative Executive, VP, Inclusive Strategies for Walt Disney Imagineering; Charita Carter, Senior Producer for Walt Disney Imagineering; and Marlon West, VFX Supervisor for Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Imagineering has been doing virtual research trips through Zoom, to get a deeper understanding of the culture of New Orleans and make sure they tell an authentic story.
- Sharika Mahdi, an alumni of Young Aspirations Young Artists Arts Center in New Orleans, was commissioned to create four original paintings to inspire the Imagineers, one which was revealed today.
- The Walt Disney Company has also donated $50,000 to the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts (NOCCA), which offers students learning opportunities in culinary arts, dance, media arts, and more.
Disney has promised more updates on the attraction coming soon, and although we only get one piece of new concept art for it, we can’t wait to see what’ll be coming.