Jungle Cruise will be getting a sequel starring Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt as the movie passes $100 million in the domestic box office.
- The Hollywood Reporter has stated that a sequel to Jungle Cruise is in the works with Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt returning in the starring roles.
- The sequel will see Michael Green, who co-write the film, also return for the new adventure.
- Fans of the movie can soon get the film on digital (August 31), 4K Ultra-HD, Blu-Ray, and DVD (November 16) with tons of bonus features as they wait for the sequel to be produced.
- If you’re interested in learning more, you can check out Alex’s review of the film here, in which he gave it 3 out of 5 floating crates belonging to Jack Whitehall.
About Disney’s Jungle Cruise:
- “Join fan favorites Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt for the adventure of a lifetime on Disney’s Jungle Cruise, a rollicking thrill-ride down the Amazon with wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton. Lily travels from London, England to the Amazon jungle and enlists Frank’s questionable services to guide her downriver on La Quila—his ramshackle-but-charming boat. Lily is determined to uncover an ancient tree with unparalleled healing abilities—possessing the power to change the future of medicine. Thrust on this epic quest together, the unlikely duo encounters innumerable dangers and supernatural forces, all lurking in the deceptive beauty of the lush rainforest. But as the secrets of the lost tree unfold, the stakes reach even higher for Lily and Frank and their fate—and mankind’s—hangs in the balance.”
Disney’s Jungle Cruise is in theaters now and available on Disney+ with Premier Access.