- Disney+ has announced that High School Musical: The Musical: The Series is coming back for a third season.
- Created and executive produced by Tim Federle (Ferdinand, Better Nate Than Ever), the third season will follow the group as they leave East High for summer at a sleepaway camp, bringing all the drama with them.
- Production will relocate from Salt Lake City, Utah to Los Angeles, California and begin later this year.
- The series is inspired by the High School Musical franchise, with seasons one and two taking place at East High School, the setting and filming location of the original movies. The series follows members of the drama club and their advisors as they put on a production of High School Musical: The Musical, with season two bringing the friends back as they perform Beauty and the Beast.
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Season Three Details
- “Season three will follow the Wildcats as they leave the hallways of East High for the ultimate summer at sleepaway camp, complete with campfires, summer romances and curfew-less nights.”
What They’re Saying:
- Tim Federle: “We are overjoyed to be heading to the great outdoors for season three, and grateful to our partners and friends at Disney+ for their continued support of our next-generation Wildcats.”
You can watch seasons one and two now on Disney+ to catch up and check out Marshal’s review of season two here.