For Scores, Disney’s podcast series about music, scores, and composers is presenting an interview with the songwriter and the composer of Encanto, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Germaine Franco.
- Disney’s For Scores podcast has posted an interview with the songwriter and the composer of Encanto, Lin-Manuel Miranda and Germaine Franco.
- In addition to his work on Encanto, Lin-Manuel Miranda also wrote the songs for Moana and starred in Mary Poppins Returns. However, he is perhaps best known for creating the musical Hamilton.
- Germaine Franco has scored such films as Coco (with Michael Giacchino) and Dora and the Lost City of Gold.
- The series is hosted by Variety’s Jon Burlingame and explores the challenges and emotional journeys of musical storytellers.
- Here is the official synopsis for the episode: “In this special episode, Host Jon Burlingame sits down first with award-winning composer, lyricist and actor Lin-Manuel Miranda to discuss how his large family, The Little Mermaid and Colombian musician Carlos Vives influenced his work on Disney’s latest animated film, Encanto. After Lin reveals the inspirations behind his songs, Jon talks with composer Germaine Franco about how she integrated them into her score, along with the sounds of Colombia and magical realism.”
Did You Know?
- For Scores has been entertaining Disney music fans for three years. The series now has over 30 episodes featuring interviews with the biggest names from the Disney songbook.
- Among those featured are fan favorites:
- The For Scores podcast series is produced by Maria Kleinman for Disney Music Group in association with Treefort Media.