Last month, SeaWorld Orlando began to tease a highly rumored 2023 coaster addition, and now construction has really ramped up at the front of the park.
- SeaWorld Orlando first teased the rumored coaster project last month with a photo of new track staged just outside the park.
- The new coaster has been rumored to be a “Surf Coaster” from Bolliger & Mabillard, the same manufacturers behind three other coasters at the park: Kraken, Manta and Mako.
- This would be B&M’s first “Surf Coaster,” believed to be a launch-style coaster, complete with some inversions and swooping turns close to the water.
- An impossible-to-miss crane is now staged in the parking lot next to the park’s entrance, just behind construction fences.
- Meanwhile inside the park, the ground of the park’s former Festival Walkway near Bayside Stadium has been completely torn up. This is the rumored location for the new coaster.
- BGWFans.com has an excellent article breaking down the various elements and layout of the proposed coaster, in addition to a video recreating the coaster’s layout based on the plans.
- The project is rumored to be completed sometime in 2023. If it does open next year, this will be the second coaster in as many years to open at SeaWorld Orlando, following the opening of Ice Breaker this February.