Earlier this week during this year’s TV Kids Summer Festival, Disney Branded Television Chief Ayo Davis gave a keynote in which she directly called out the success of Marvel’s Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur.
- Ayo Davis, President, Disney Branded Television gave a keynote address at the TV Kids Summer Festival earlier this week.
- During the presentation she shared that Marvel’s Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur has been successful with getting kids interested in Marvel, likening it to the way Marvel’s Spidey and his Amazing Friends has had a similar effect on preschool audiences.
- Earlier today, Davis also appeared in The Hollywood Reporter’s list of the most powerful people in kids’ entertainment, where again the success of Marvel’s Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, as well as that of Hamster & Gretel from Phineas & Ferb creator Dan Povenmire, were also mentioned.
- Marvel’s Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, based on Marvel’s hit comic books, follows the adventures of 13- year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette and her 10-ton T-Rex, Devil Dinosaur. After Lunella accidentally brings Devil Dinosaur into present-day New York City, the duo works together to protect the city’s Lower East Side from danger.
- Recently, Disney Television Animation announced that Edward James Olmos is set to star as Molecule Man in season two of Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. Molecule Man is one of the main villains in season two, making his debut in the premiere episode. He is a powerful being with the ability to manipulate nonliving organic matter. Often feeling like there was no place for him, he escaped to a whole new planet and used his powers to create an incredible world of natural wonder, soon making it a popular destination for aliens and beings across the multiverse!
- The music-filled Hamster & Gretel introduces Kevin and younger sister Gretel, who are about to be bestowed super powers by space aliens. But something goes awry, and it’s Gretel and her pet hamster (named Hamster) who suddenly have new abilities. Now, protective older brother Kevin must figure out how to work with both Gretel and her pet Hamster to protect their city from mysterious dangers.
- Both shows already are renewed for second seasons on Disney Channel and Disney+, and based on the comments mentioned by Davis, fans are already speculating that a third season for each series is inevitable.