Although Pixar Pier officially opens at Disney California Adventure tomorrow, there are a few areas of the updated land that won’t be opening just yet. Among them is the planned Inside Out neighborhood that will arrive in 2019 with the ride Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind.
- Today, the Disney Park Blog revealed new concept art for the Inside Out Emotional Whirlwind.
- The family-friendly attraction will occupy the space that was home to the Maliboomer once upon a time.
- Although Disney has not confirmed as much, speculation suggests that Emotional Whirlwind is actually a rethemed and relocated version of Flik’s Flyers, currently found in “a bug’s land.”
- Notably, “a bugs land” is set to close later this year to make way for a Marvel-themed land.
- Getting back to Pixar Pier, another Inside Out-themed project that will follow the rest of the land’s grand opening is Bing Bong’s Sweet Stuff. The confectionary will open later this summer.
- Also coming to the Pier in 2019 is Jessie’s Critter Carousel, which is replacing King Triton’s Carousel in the now-named Toy Story Boardwalk area.
More from Pixar Pier:
- Without a doubt, the headlining attraction of the new Pixar Pier is the Incredicoaster. Dedicated to everyone’s favorite superhero family, this update to California Screamin’ was already the resort’s fastest coaster and now includes some fun show scenes and gags. Check out photos and videos of the ride here.
- Another riding debuting this weekend is the Pixar Pal-A-Round. Formerly Mickey’s Fun Wheel, the ride vehicles for this attraction now feature several of your favorite Pixar characters.
- There’s certainly no shortage of food to be found around Pixar Pier. From the surefire hit Lamplight Lounge to food stands such as Angry Dogs, Jack-Jack’s Cookie Num Nums, Poultry Palace, and Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, and more, it seems like a great place to grab a bite.
- For more on Pixar Pier’s grand opening, be sure to check out our guide and related articles.