Marvel Studios is reportedly turning one of their more unique and imaginative comic series into a television series. What If is the latest Marvel series being created for Disney+, according to Slash Film.
- The new animated series will tell the stories of the What If comic series, which explores how the Marvel universe would have unfolded had things played out differently at key moments throughout history.
- One of the planned episodes will focus on What If? Vol. 1 Issue #47, which answers the question “What if Loki had found the hammer of Thor?”
- The animated series will reimagine the events of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The new series will have the potential to use some of the actors of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to reprise their roles.
- It is unclear what other MCU storylines the series will explore, or if it will handle any other stories told by the What If comic series.
- What If will join series three other Marvel series planned for Disney+, focusing on:
- Scarlet Witch and Vision
- Falcon and Winter Soldier
- No further information regarding the new series is currently available, but be sure to check back as more Disney+ announcements are made in the future.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Marvel Studios made yet another addition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe last weekend when Captain Marvel made its long-awaited debut. As you might have guessed, the new film opened to some big box office success.
- Take a closer look at what the events of Captain Marvel might mean for the future of the MCU.
- Eager fans of Captain Marvel were hosted at an opening night event at Hollywood’s legendary El Capitan Theatre.
- Captain Marvel made her meet and greet debut at Disney California Adventure last week.
- Hasbro has revealed a new line of toys and collectables inspired by Captain Marvel. The line debuted in early 2019 and is available now at Target and through Hasbro’s website.