Alyson Hannigan and Ben Schwartz have been cast in Flora & Ulysses, a new feature length film coming to Disney+. The movie will be based on the original novel, Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- Deadline is reporting that Alyson Hannigan and Ben Schwartz have been tapped for lead roles in the upcoming Disney+ film, Flora & Ulysses.
- The feature will be an adaptation of the novel, Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo. The story tells the tale of a 10-year-old girl and her friendship with a squirrel.
- Hannigan will star as Phyliss, Flora’s mom and Schwartz will play the girl’s father.
- Lena Khan will direct the project with the screenplay coming from Brad Copeland.
About Flora & Ulysses:
- “The story follows the imaginative, creative and cynical ten-year-old Flora, who could hardly predict that the little squirrel she saved from a tragic accident would be born anew and transformed into a superhero with the powers of strength, misspelled poetry… and an uncanny knack for helping her and the lovable but broken people in her life become a family again.”
Did you know?:
- Alyson Hannigan while best known for her roles on How I Met Your Mother and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, also has some history with Disney.
- The actress provides the voice of Mrs. Clancy, Nancy’s mom in the Disney Junior hit show, Fancy Nancy.
- Earlier this year Hannigan starred as Mom Possible in the live-action Disney Channel Original Movie, Kim Possible.
- Ben Schwartz voices Dewey Duck in the reboot of DuckTales ‘waddling’ around with his TV brothers, Huey and Louie (Danny Pudi and Bobby Moynihan).
- Schwartz has also been part of other Disney Channel shows voicing Stuffy the dragon on The Doc Files as well as Randy Cunningham in Disney XD’s Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja.
- He’s best known to audiences for his role on NBC’s Parks and Recreation.