Disney has announced the date for their second quarter 2020 earnings call.
- The Walt Disney Company has announced their second quarter 2020 (fiscal year) earnings call will be on Tuesday, May 5th.
- The call will be hosted via live audio webcast beginning at 4:30 pm EDT / 1:30 pm PDT.
- Results will be released after the close of regular trading on May 5, 2020.
Where to listen:
- Those interested in listening to the webcast can visit Disney.com/investors.
- Following the live session, the webcast presentation will be archived.
- Additionally, LaughingPlace.com will host a live blog sharing key points from the meeting as it’s happening.
Possible talking points:
- Audiences can expect that this will be an unusual earnings call as many of Disney’s lines of business have had to suspend operations due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- On a positive note, while Disney will likely be taking some major losses, their streaming service Disney+ has reached over 50 million subscribers in its current worldwide markets.
- Finally, after naming Bob Chapek as the Company's CEO in late February, Bob Iger has reportedly stepped back in to help with day to day operations while Disney weathers the current business crisis.