Disney+’s new film Safety about Clemson University football star Ray McElrathbey, will premiere on the service on December 11th.
- It’s football season! As professional and college teams take to the field, Disney+ is bringing a new film to their streaming service.
- While fans can already enjoy classics such as Remember the Titans and Invincible, now they’ll have another sports star to admire.
- Starting on December 11th, Disney+ subscribers can stream the original movie Safety inspired by the true story of former Clemson University safety Ray McElrathbey.
- Disney+ shared a tweet this morning announced the film’s debut and sharing four production photos:
— Disney+ (@disneyplus) November 11, 2020
- “Safety is the empowering story of Ray McElrathbey, a young man facing a series of challenging circumstances, whose faith and persistence help him to triumph over repeated adversities and play football on scholarship at Clemson University, all while struggling to raise and care for his 11-year-old brother Fahmarr.”
The film stars:
- Jay Reeves (All American) as Ray
- Thaddeus J. Mixson (The Grind) as Fahmarr
- Corinne Foxx (47 Meters Down: Uncaged) as Kaycee
- Directed by:
- Oscar nominee Reginald Hudlin (Django Unchained, Marshall)
- Written by:
- Randy McKinnon (Where the Water Runs)
- Nick Santora (Scorpion, The Fugitive at Quibi)
- Produced by:
- Mark Ciardi (Chappaquiddick, Invincible)
More Disney+ Debuts:
- Things are shaping up to be pretty exciting in on Disney+ this fall.
- Oh boy! Disney+ has released an exciting trailer for the upcoming series of shorts, The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, before it debuts on the streamer on November 18th.
- Bibbidi, bobbidi, boo! Just like that a new Christmas comedy is coming to Disney+ this December! The previously announced Godmothered, stars Isla Fisher and Jillian Bell.
- Disney+ shared the trailer for its new original docuseries Inside Pixar, premiering on November 13th.