Theater fans in the United Kingdom will be able to experience the magic of Disney Theatrical and Cameron Mackintosh’s award-winning musical Mary Poppins again beginning in May 2021, with tickets going on sale on December 20th.
- The “Practically Perfect” nanny is flying back onto the West End in May 2021 when performances resume of Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s Mary Poppins at the Prince Edward Theatre.
- The London revival debuted on October 23rd, 2019, and had to suspend performances on March 17th, 2020.
- Before the shutdown, a new live cast recording was created, which was released digitally in November. It features the cast of this revival, all of whom are expected to return in May 2021.
- Tickets for the new dates will go on sale on Sunday, December 20th.
- The stage adaptation of Mary Poppins combines the classic Sherman Brothers songs from the Disney film with a story that adheres closer to P.L. Travers’ books, featuring new songs and lyrics by George Stiles and Anthony Drewe.
- Zizi Strallen and Charlie Stemp play Mary Poppins and Bert in this production.
- Also coming to the UK in 2021 is a stage musical adaptation of Bedknobs and Broomsticks.