Walt Disney World has shared a video and photos of the central floating platform installed on World Showcase Lagoon in EPCOT for the upcoming nighttime spectacular Harmonious, which doesn’t yet have an opening date.
- In a new Disney Parks Blog post, Imagineer Zach Riddley shows off a few photos and a new video of the installation of the central floating platform for Harmonious.
- With a six-story tall ring on the central of five barges, this new installation features a high-density water curtain in addition to fountains and moving lights.
- As previously announced, the barges for Harmonious will remain in place all day on World Showcase Lagoon with fountain features turned on to create constant kinetic energy on the lake.
- The newest Disney Parks Blog entry also reveals that the show itself is still “In the early stages of development,” despite being first announced at the D23 Expo in August of 2019.
- The first barge was installed in December 2020. Click here to see photos.
- Originally set to debut this year, but delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Harmonious was originally announced as THE largest nighttime spectacular ever created for a Disney Park. While the verbage has changed, the show still appears to be a beautifully crafted dreamscape of Disney music and images, reimagined by diverse cultural musicians and artists from around the world. Harmonious is said to be a transformative experience, where EPCOT guests can discover how Disney music has the power to inspire and unite us all with the magic of possibility.
- No premiere date for Harmonious has been announced at this time.
- Briefly mentioned above, it was also announced earlier this year that unlike Illuminations, the show equipment would stay in the lagoon throughout the day and the floating showpieces will be turned into a daytime fountain to add kinetic energy to the park. Art of this new fountain was released during the EPCOT portion of D23’s Virtual Celebration, “Fantastic Worlds.”
- Guests visiting EPCOT can get a small taste of Harmonious at the EPCOT Experience attraction in the park’s Odyssey Pavilion, which serves as a preview center of sorts for all the upcoming projects at the park. Harmonious is prominently featured, and you can even see the floating platforms (like the one moved into World Showcase Lagoon) in the short preview.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning