Orange County and Los Angeles County have been upgraded to the Orange – Moderate Tier of COVID-19 response which allows for slightly less stringent guidelines, as the parks that reside in the county, including Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure, prepare to reopen.
- Orange County, California, home of Disneyland Resort and Knott’s Berry Farm, and Los Angeles County, home to Universal Studios Hollywood and Six Flags Magic Mountain have been upgraded to the Orange – Moderate – Tier 3 of COVID-19 guidance.
- This upgrade, as it applies to the theme parks means (based on newly released guidelines for the safe operation of Theme and Amusement Parks) that more visitors can be allowed into the park (25% capacity), with indoor capacity (stores and such) set at 25%, and Indoor dining is allowed at a maximum of 25%.
- Previously, under the Red Tier guidelines, the parks could only operate at 15% capacity, with the same for indoor locations, and no indoor dining would be allowed.
- Set to open on April 30th, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure can now reopen under the Orange Tier guidelines. Knott’s Berry Farm has no specific date announced yet, but announced plans to reopen in May (likely after the Taste of Boysenberry event concludes), which would also fall under the orange tier as it stands right now.
- That said, there are still rules under the guidelines that apply to all tiers until further notice, including limits to indoor attractions (with a maximum of 15 minutes), outdoor queueing, small groups only – limited to a maximum of 10 people or three household groups with no intergroup mixing, and In-State/California Residents only.
- When the attractions of the Disneyland Resort reopen, guests can expect to experience favorites like Radiator Springs Racers, Incredicoaster, Indiana Jones Adventure, and Space Mountain. Though it should be said that Disney released the attraction lineup before the guidelines were released, notably the max indoor attraction time of 15 minutes, putting favorites with long runtimes like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and Pirates of the Caribbean up in the air.
- The highly anticipated Avengers Campus will not be opening alongside the park on April 30th, and is slated to open at a later, unspecified date. However, the reimagining of the opening day Fantasyland dark ride, Snow White’s Scary Adventures, Snow White’s Enchanted Wish is set to open with the return of the park on April 30th.
- In Los Angeles County, Universal Studios Hollywood has just announced that they will open on April 16th, after their Taste of Universal event concludes, with the new Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash! Debuting that same day, along with a new Indominus Rex animatronic figure on Jurassic World: The Ride.