ABC has renewed multiple shows including The Rookie, The Conners, The Goldbergs, and more.
- The Hollywood Reporter states that ABC has renewed multiple shows for new seasons including The Rookie, The Conners, The Goldbergs, A Million Little Things, and Home Economics.
- Earlier today, black-ish was renewed for an eighth and final season on the network while Call Your Mother got canceled after one season.
- The current list of ABC shows renewed includes:
About The Rookie:
- “Starting over isn’t easy, especially for small-town guy John Nolan who, after a life-altering incident, is pursuing his dream of being an LAPD officer. As the force’s oldest rookie, he’s met with skepticism from some higher-ups who see him as just a walking midlife crisis. If he can’t keep up with the young cops and the criminals, he’ll be risking lives including his own. But if he can use his life experience, determination and sense of humor to give him an edge, he may just become a success in this new chapter of his life.”
About The Conners:
- “After a sudden turn of events, the Conners are forced to face the daily struggles of life in Lanford in a way they never have before. This iconic family – Dan, Jackie, Darlene, Becky and D.J. – grapples with parenthood, dating, an unexpected pregnancy, financial pressures, aging and in-laws in working-class America. The family prevails through it all – the fights, the coupon cutting, the hand-me-downs, the breakdowns – with love, humor and perseverance.”
About The Goldbergs:
- “The Goldbergs are back, and it’s gonna be an epic year for everyone’s favorite ‘80s family. For starters, there’s gonna be a wedding! Meddling mama, Beverly, is thrilled all her schmoos are back under the same roof. It gives her one last shot at smothering like the old days, while delightfully grumpy dad, Murray, weighs the costly snap-decisions of his moron kids. Temperamental middle child and groom-to-be, Barry, is psyched to top off his legendary senior year by marrying the love of his life, Lainey Lewis, who’s back in town and amping up to join one of the zaniest families on the block. Meanwhile, oldest sister, Erica, dropped out of college to pursue her lifelong dream of rock stardom. The only catch is now she has to chase that dream under the same roof she grew up in and recently escaped. One person thrilled that Erica’s back is her lovable, dopey, doting boyfriend, Geoff Schwartz. Naturally, all the craziness will be captured on clunky VHS camera by budding filmmaker and youngest son, Adam. This year, Adam finds himself settling into his geeky identity in high school while navigating life and girlfriends in the midst of all the chaos at home.”
About A Million Little Things:
- “They say friendship isn’t one big thing, it’s a million little things; and that’s true for a group of friends from Boston who bonded under unexpected circumstances. Some have achieved success, others are struggling in their careers and relationships, but all of them feel stuck in life. After one of them dies unexpectedly, it’s just the wake-up call the others need to finally start living. Along the way they discover that friends may be the one thing to save them from themselves.”
About Home Economics:
- “Home Economics follows three adult siblings in very different financial situations. The series hails from Michael Colton, John Aboud, and Topher Grace. Staring in the sitcom are Jimmy Tatro as Connor, Karla Souza as Marina, Topher Grace as Tom, Caitlin McGee as Sarah, and Sasheer Zamata as Denise.”