- The Good Doctor comes from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Signature and is ABC’s first scripted renewal of the season, an honor it held last year as well.
- The series ranks as the top show in the Monday 10pm slot with 7.1M total viewers.
- The fourth season of The Good Doctor began in November and will run for 17 episodes before ending in May.
- Deadline also reports that ABC is planning to renew Grey’s Anatomy for an 18th season, with decision to make on several other shows as well, including:
- As for comedy, Deadline expect The Conners to return for a fourth season, with ABC having to make decisions on:
About The Good Doctor:
- Dr. Shaun Murphy, a young surgeon with autism and savant syndrome, continues to use his extraordinary medical gifts at St. Bonaventure Hospital’s surgical unit. As his friendships deepen, Shaun continues to tackle the world of dating and romantic relationships and works harder than he ever has before, navigating his environment to prove to his colleagues that his talents as a surgeon will save lives.
- Freddie Highmore as Dr. Shaun Murphy
- Antonia Thomas as Dr. Claire Browne
- Hill Harper as Dr. Marcus Andrews
- Richard Schiff as Dr. Aaron Glassman
- Christina Chang as Dr. Audrey Lim
- Fiona Gubelmann as Dr. Morgan Reznick
- Will Yun Lee as Dr. Alex Park
- Paige Spara as Lea Dilallo
The creative team:
- David Shore is the executive producer and showrunner.
- Daniel Dae Kim, Erin Gunn, David Kim and Sebastian Lee are also executive producers.
- The series is from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Signature.