- ABC has renewed Grey’s Anatomy for an 18th season, and the spinoff series Station 19 for its fifth season.
- Krista Vernoff will continue to helm both shows as the executive producer and showrunner.
- Both shows had great viewership numbers for the 2020-2021 season with Grey’s Anatomy ranking no. 1 for ABC’s total viewer numbers (8.3 million), and Station 19 ranking in the top spot for the Thursday 8:00 pm slot among total viewers (7.2 million).
What They’re Saying:
- Craig Erwich, President, Hulu Originals & ABC Entertainment: “Station 19 and Grey’s Anatomy have done an incredible job of honoring real-life heroes by giving audiences an unflinching look at one of the biggest medical stories of our time. Krista and her team of writers have continued to deliver the compelling and compassionate storytelling that is a hallmark of these shows, and created some of the year’s most-talked-about moments in television. We’re so grateful to our talented casts and crews for their extraordinary work that connects with viewers everywhere, and we look forward to sharing even more defining moments with our fans next season.”
- Krista Vernoff, Executive Producer: “The writers, directors, casts and crews of Grey’s Anatomy and Station 19 worked so hard to bring these shows to life this past season. Keeping each other safe on set while paying tribute to the front-line heroes and first responders has been a challenge and a privilege. I’ve been truly blown away – particularly by our tireless crews – as they reinvented the TV-making wheel. Thank you to ABC and ABC Signature for the support and extraordinary partnership through this unprecedented season. We are so grateful for the opportunity to tell more stories.”
About Grey’s Anatomy:
- Grey’s Anatomy was created and is executive produced by Shonda Rhimes. Krista Vernoff serves as showrunner and executive producer of the series. Betsy Beers and Mark Gordon are executive producers. Debbie Allen serves as the producing director and executive producer.
- Grey’s Anatomy is produced by ABC Signature, one of the Disney Television Studios.
About Station 19:
- Krista Vernoff serves as showrunner and executive producer of Station 19. The series was created by Stacy McKee. Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers serve as executive producers.
- Station 19 is produced by ABC Signature, one of the Disney Television Studios.