As Muppets Haunted Mansion gets ready to debut on Disney+ on October 8th, The Muppets keep revealing some of their surprise guests, including one actor who made it in front of the camera for one of his last on screen appearances.
- In what is one of his last appearances on screen, the late Edward Asner has been revealed by the Muppets to appear in the upcoming Disney+ special, Muppets Haunted Mansion.
- Asner passed away late last month, just after we heard him reprising his role as Carl Fredricksen for the new short series from Pixar Animation Studios, Dug Days.
- In recent days, we’ve also learned that Alfonso Ribiero, Jeannie Mai, Danny Trejo, Chrissy Metz, Sasheer Zamata, Pat Sajak, and Darren Criss will appear in Muppets Haunted Mansion, and that more reveals are on their way before the special debuts.
- The Muppets’ first-ever Halloween special will feature Muppets cast, celebrity cameos, new music, and fun for the entire family.
- “The brand-new special will feature a star-studded Muppets cast, celebrity cameos, all-new music and spooky fun for families to enjoy together. Muppets Haunted Mansion takes place on Halloween night, when Gonzo is challenged to spend one very daring night in the most grim grinning place on Earth …The Haunted Mansion.”
- Also revealed to be making a cameo in Muppets Haunted Mansion is Imagineer Kim Irvine. While many folks likely to watch Muppets Haunted Mansion will see her cameo and not bat an eye, other fans will recognize her as the daughter of Leota Toombs, the Imagineer who plays Madame Leota in the iconic Disney Parks attraction. Interestingly, Irvine reprises the role her mother once played, and can be seen as the fan-favorite fortune teller every year when The Haunted Mansion transforms into Haunted Mansion Holiday at Disneyland.
- Muppets Haunted Mansion premieres on October 8, 2021, on Disney+.