- The next edition of ABC News’ Superstar series will chronicle the life and career of legendary pop star George Michael and paint a portrait of one of the most successful artists of all time, who sold over 100 million records worldwide.
- Among the highlights of Michael’s story is how he reinvented himself from a teenage heartthrob in Wham!, to a global superstar with his solo album “Faith,” and later to groundbreaking artist boldly paving a path for future stars.
- The program delves into his personal life, including his tragic romance with a Brazilian designer, his personal conflict with fame, the real story of his arrest in a Los Angeles public restroom, and his influential lawsuit against his record company.
- Superstar will also feature interviews with famous musicians and friends including:
- Sam Smith
- Paula Abdul
- Lucy Jules
- Janey Lee Grace
- Phil Lobel
- Michael Pagnotta
- Superstar: George Michael airs Tuesday, November 30 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST) on ABC. It can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.
- Superstar is produced by ABC News.
- David Sloan is senior executive producer.
- Muriel Pearson is executive producer.