ABC News is continuing it’s Superstar series with a new primetime special about Kobe Bryant set to air on Wednesday, August 18th.
- ABC News has announced a new episode of the series Superstar, this time focusing on basketball legend Kobe Bryant.
- The one-hour primetime event explores his genius, on and off the court; his triumphs and indiscretions; complications in his personal life, including an accusation of rape at the height of his career; and his tragic death that shocked the world.
- In addition to Bryant’s path to becoming the basketball “assassin” and icon known as the “Black Mamba,” the program showcases his dedication to his family, his passion for coaching his daughter Gianna “Gigi” Bryant’s basketball team and how it inspired him to support women’s basketball.
- Superstar: Kobe Bryant features new interviews with:
- Jalen Rose, sports analyst and former NBA player
- Caron Butler, a former teammate of Bryant’s
- Tracy McGrady, NBA All-Star
- Bryant from the ABC News archives
- The special episode will air Wednesday, August 18th (10:00-11:00 pm EDT), on ABC and can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.
- “Superstar: Kobe Bryant provides an intimate portrait of one of the most important sports figures of recent times, much of it told in his own words. The immersive program follows the evolution of Bryant, from his roots as a gifted young basketball star struggling to find his place to NBA champion, Oscar-winner and proud #girldad.”
- “Superstar” is produced by ABC News.
- David Sloan is senior executive producer.
- Muriel Pearson is executive producer.
- ABC News kicked off their primetime special series this week focusing on the story of powerhouse singer Whitney Houston.