Variety reports that a new pilot is in the works at ABC, as they have ordered Not Dead Yet, a single-camera comedy from writing duo Casey Johnson and David Windsor, executive produced by McG.
- Not Dead Yet follows 40-something Nell Stevens, who is down on her luck, low on cash and newly single. When she lands the only job she can find, writing obituaries, she starts receiving life advice from an unlikely source.
- The pilot is based on Alexandra Potter’s romantic comedy novel Confessions of a Forty-Something F—k Up.
- Mary Viola and Corey Marsh also executive produce under McG’s Wonderland Sound and Vision banner. 20th Television is the studio.
- Johnson and Windsor previously wrote for such past ABC shows as Don’t Trust the B—– in Apartment 23 and Galavant, as well as creating The Real O’Neals.
- McG is known for directing such films as Charlie’s Angels, Terminator Salvation and The Babysitter.
More ABC News:
- ABC has ordered a new drama pilot about a group of therapists in Philadelphia, coming from This Is Us writer and director Kay Oyegun.
- As black-ish continues its farewell season, ABC is asking the most serious of the show's fans to submit videos for a chance to win a trip celebrating the series finale.
- Academy Award-nominated documentary Summer of Soul, directed by Questlove, will be airing on ABC on Sunday, February 20th.