Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation announced on twitter today that the musical is making its return to New York City for six weeks of summer in the hundred acre wood!
- Following a record-breaking New York premiere in 2021 and a spring 2022 run in Chicago, Winnie the Pooh is excited to return to New York this summer, with performances beginning June 18th.
- Tickets for the 6-week run of the musical are now available here.
- Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation offers a new adaptation of the story and characters we all know and love, told with life-size puppetry.
- The show features the Sherman Brothers’ classic Grammy Award-winning music with additional songs by A.A. Milne.
- Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation is developed and presented by Jonathan Rockefeller (The Very Hungry Caterpillar Show, Paddington Gets in a Jam). The show is also produced in association with Disney Theatrical Productions.
More Disney Musical News:
- A "newly imagined" North American tour of Aladdin will kick off this October. The tour had previously been announced for a fall 2021 launch but was delayed by the COVID-19 shutdown.
- As of January 25th, Dennis Stowe has officially assumed the role of Jafar in Aladdin the Musical at the New Amsterdam Theatre in New York City.
- Winnie the Pooh: The New Musical Adaptation, will be heading to the Mercury Theater in Chicago this March.