Star Wars fans looking for a new and exciting way to show off their love of the franchise need not look any further than LEGO. The company has just introduced their Star Wars Diorama series for the adult collector and they’re starting with awesome moments from the Original Trilogy including, the intense trash compactor scene!
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
- LEGO and Star Wars have teamed up once again to present a new series of collector sets themed to iconic moments from the Original Trilogy.
- Today, StarWars.com revealed three detailed diorama sets that are available for pre-order.
- Designed with older collectors in mind, these sets are less about the play element and more about the display, though they do feature moving parts for a fully dynamic experience.
- With inspiration coming from Star Wars: A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back the new sets include:
- Death Star Trash Compactor Diorama
- Death Star Trench Run Diorama
- Dagobah Jedi Training Diorama
- StarWars.com spoke with the designers to learn more about what went into the creation of the Star Wars Diorama series and how good it was to finally bring the (working) trash compactor set to LEGO.
- Additionally, it sounds like LEGO has plans to introduce even more diorama sets to their lineup as they continue to expand their Star Wars offerings.
- The sets are priced between $59.99-$89.99 and are available now for pre-order on LEGO.com. They will ship to fans starting April 26th.
- Also, the LEGO Star Wars Death Star Trash Compactor Diorama building set will be exclusively sold at Walmart stores, in addition to LEGO.com and LEGO stores.
- Links to the individual items can be found below.
- Ages 18+
- 802 Pieces
- Ages 18+
- 665 Pieces
- Ages 18+
- 1000 Pieces
What They’re Saying:
- Jens Kronvold Frederiksen, LEGO Star Wars design director: “The Diorama series is really something special, and something we are very excited about. The models are built on a frame. On the frame there is a small, printed plaque with a famous phrase from that particular movie scene….So they’re perfect for display.”
- Jme Wheeler, LEGO Star Wars designer: “It’s such a different experience from building minifig scale play models. I enjoy being able to look at the element library in a completely different way. Hopefully fans will enjoy the greebling, and maybe even get inspired for some of their own builds.”
More LEGO Star Wars:
- Can’t get enough? This past year, LEGO introduced their Helmet Series for adult collectors with designs inspired by Luke Skywalker, The Mandalorian, Darth Vader and more.
- A massive (2-foot tall) AT-AT Walker recently joined the Ultimate Collector Series and brings the Original Star Wars trilogy to life in a whole new way.
- Finally, there are plenty of exciting options for all ages with the most recent being Boba Fett’s Throne Room and the Dark Trooper attack (The Mandalorian season 2).