On Star Wars Day, we got exciting news about a new interactive activity coming to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World that will allow guests to bounty hunt through the land, as well as another 50th anniversary quest, both to be used with the new Magicband+.
- Recently, construction walls have popped up in locations in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World, marked with a symbol that was rumored to be related to the Bounty Hunters of Star Wars.
- Today, the news was revealed and a new game accessed via MagicBand+ and the Play Disney Parks app will soon be available and guests can soon enjoy “Batuu Bounty Hunters” while inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the park.
- In the “Star Wars: Batuu Bounty Hunters'' experience, guests use their MagicBand+ to find numerous virtual bounties hidden throughout Black Spire Outpost, guests will follow the band’s light patterns and haptics to complete their mission. Then they will return to the local guild master, who will reward them with galactic credits. Guests can also use the Play Disney Parks mobile app to help them reveal their virtual bounty using the app’s built-in augmented reality thermal viewer.
- In the video above, Asa Kalama explains how the game will work and how guests can play the new game in the near future at the park.
- However, that was not the only Magicband+ interactive game that was revealed today. Guests will also soon be able to enjoy another game that spans all the parks of Walt Disney World, as guests are encouraged to track down and interact with the Fab 50 statues that are scattered throughout the theme parks as part of the World’s Most Magical Celebration.
- Guests can approach the Fab 50 statues and wave at them while wearing their Magicband+ and hear a special greeting. With the “Disney Fab 50 Quest,” a scavenger hunt throughout the four Walt Disney World theme parks using MagicBand+ to help spread pixie dust and interact with the golden character sculptures, along with the Play Disney Parks app, guests can dive deeper into the experience to find hints and keep track of sculptures which will unlock digital achievements, including an augmented reality feature.
- After a guest enters a theme park, MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with color-changing lights, haptic vibrations and gesture recognition, enhancing the environment’s storytelling. The wearable will allow guests to engage with favorite Disney moments in new ways and discover new interactive experiences. Guests can experience nighttime spectaculars in a new way as they see their bands light up and complement the magic in the skies, including the new “Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park.
- Recently, Magicband+ has been spotted in retail locations at Walt Disney World, but has yet to formally debut across the Resort. These experiences are set to be available with MagicBand+ when they officially launch this summer. Disney Resort hotel guests and Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will have the option to purchase at a discounted, pre-arrival price. Guests may continue to use their existing MagicBand and Disney MagicMobile, available on eligible devices, to enjoy other features, such as park entry*. The original MagicBand product will continue to be available for purchase as well.
- Based on displays seen today, there will be many different colors and plates that can be seen on the new Magicband+.