Starting later this month, guests at Disney’s Animal Kingdom won’t have to stroll across the desert that is their parking lot, but can instead jump aboard a true returning Disney classic, the Parking Lot Tram!
- When the Parking Lot Trams returned to Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World, it was announced that while that park was first, the trams would return to the remaining parks sometime in 2022.
- Well, “sometime” has arrived for one of the remaining three parks, and Parking Lot Trams will soon return to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. ready to shuttle guests across the barren desert of asphalt to the oasis that is the main entrance of the park, also called “The Oasis.”
- Starting on May 27th, the trams will once again take guests from the different sections of the parking lot: Yeti, Dinosaur, Butterfly, Giraffe, and Peacock.
- At this time, this will mean that Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom have returned their tram service. No official dates have been revealed regarding the return of tram service at EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but Disney has said that the remaining locations will return sometime in 2022.
- Earlier this year, across the country at the Disneyland Resort, Parking Lot Tram service returned to much applause, considering that hike was over a mile to get from the parking garages of the resort to the turnstiles of Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure.
- Magic Kingdom had a similar lengthy stroll that was in place from when the parks reopened in July of 2020 until December of 2021, getting to the Transportation and Ticket Center, only to then embark on their journey to the front door of the park.
- The tram service was put on hiatus as part of the phased reopening of the Walt Disney World Resort when the parks reopened in July of 2020. Over time as the capacity increased and mask mandates came and went and came and went again, more fans (some disgruntled) asked when the parking lot trams would return.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park will return their tram service on May 27th.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning