In some sad news, Variety is reporting that Hulu has canceled comedy series Dollface after a two season run.
- The first season of Dollface premiered on Hulu in 2019, and was renewed for a second season in January 2020. However, production on the second season was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The second season was released in its entirety back in February.
- Season 2 followed Jules (Kat Dennings) and her best friends – post pandemic, post heartbreak, heading toward turning thirty. Having successfully reunited with her friends (Brenda Song, Shay Mitchell, and Esther Povitsky), Jules must now balance keeping their group together as the women navigate work, love, and a deeper relationship with each of themselves.
- The show received mixed reviews from critics, with the two seasons averaging a 54% critical approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, though it does have a 78% audience approval rating.
- Dollface was created by Jordan Weiss, who served as an executive producer for studio ABC Signature.
- Check out Mike’s review of Dollface Season 2.
More Hulu News:
- Hulu’s latest drama strays away from their recent trend of adapting true stories, instead focusing on Conversations with Friends. Check out Rebekah’s review of the 12-episode series.
- The Hulu original series Maggie will premiere all its episodes on Wednesday, July 6th, 2022.
- Audiences will be mesmerized by Jessica Biel’s performance as Candy Montgomery in Hulu’s newest true crime drama, Candy. Check out Bill’s review of the five-night event series.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now