According to Deadline, 20th Century Studios has secured the rights to Night of the Ghoul, an upcoming graphic novel by Eisner and Harvey-winning author Scott Snyder and illustrator Francesco Francavilla.
- Rob Savage is set to direct the adaptation of Night of the Ghoul, with 21 Laps’ Shawn Levy, Dan Levine and Dan Cohen producing.
- This reteams studio, director and producers of The Boogeyman, the adaptation of the Stephen King novel that 20th Century and Disney release next year.
- Snyder and Francavilla will also serve as executive producers.
- The story follows a father and son looking into the true story behind a long-lost horror film from the golden era of monster movies. But as they dig deeper, they risk unleashing the very thing the supposedly destroyed film had meant to keep hidden.
- The first issue of Night of the Ghoul will be out in print from Darkhorse Comics on Wednesday.
More Disney Movie News:
- The Sanderson Sisters are back and everyone wants to see them! Disney has announced that Hocus Pocus 2 is now the number one film premiere on Disney+ domestically to date!
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is coming to theaters on November 11th. Ahead of that date, a new trailer for the film has been released — and tickets are now on sale.
- Freya Allan is set to star in the newly named Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes from 20th Century Studios.
Halloween 2022 coverage is presented by shopDisney