According to Deadline, Freya Allan is set to star in the newly named Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes from 20th Century Studios.
- Freya Allan (The Witcher) joins Owen Teague (Stephen King’s It) as the lead ape in the new Planet of the Apes film, with Peter Macon (The Orville) also joining the cast.
- Production is set to begin next month with Wes Ball (The Maze Runner) directing.
- Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes starts an all-new chapter in the Apes saga, picking up many years after the conclusion of 2017’s War for the Planet of the Apes.
- The screenplay is by Josh Friedman, Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver and Patrick Aison. Joe Hartwick Jr, Jaffa, Silver and Jason Reed are the film’s producers, with Peter Chernin and Jenno Topping exec producing.
- Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes hits theaters in 2024.
- Planet of the Apes is a longtime franchise for 20th Century Studios, with multiple films and subsequent remakes since 1968.
What They’re Saying:
- Steve Asbell, president of 20th Century Studios said: “Planet of the Apes is one of the most iconic and storied science fiction franchises in film history, as well as being an indelible part of our studio’s legacy. With Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes we are privileged to continue the series’ tradition of imaginative, thought-provoking cinema, and can’t wait to share Wes’ extraordinary vision for this new chapter with audiences in 2024.”