With Tropical Storm Nicole expected to impact Florida this week, Walt Disney World has announced some closures and cancellations.
UPDATE – 12:15 PM 11/9/2022
- Walt Disney World has announced a phased closure of their parks, beginning at 5:00 PM today. The parks are not anticipated to reopen as scheduled tomorrow, but no specifics have been given at this time.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Closing at 5 p.m.
- Last dining reservations at 5 p.m.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: Closing at 6 p.m.
- Last dining reservations at 6 p.m.
- Fantasmic! canceled
- Magic Kingdom Park: Closing at 7 p.m.
- Last dining reservations for Be Our Guest, Liberty Tree Tavern, Diamond Horseshoe and Cinderella’s Royal Table will be at 6 p.m., and last dining for all other dining reservations will be at 6:30 p.m.
- Extended evening hours have been canceled
- Disney Enchantment canceled
- EPCOT: Closing today at 7 p.m.
- Last dining reservations for Monsieur Paul, Space 220 Restaurant, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and Garden Grill Restaurant will be at 6 p.m., and last dining for all other dining reservations will be at 6:30 p.m.
- Harmonious canceled
- Disney Springs: Closing at 7 p.m.
- Last dining reservations at 6:30 p.m.
- Disney Bus transportation from Disney Springs will operate until 8 p.m. today
- Guests staying at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be required to depart by 3 p.m. today.
- Guests staying at the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort will be required to depart by today at 3 p.m.
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyage scheduled to begin tomorrow, November 10 will be canceled.
UPDATE – 10:15 p.m. 11/8/2022
- The Extended Evening Hours scheduled at Magic Kingdom have been canceled on Wednesday, November 9th.
- At this time, Walt Disney World has announced a handful of operational changes as Tropical Storm Nicole approaches.
- Note: as of 10:30 a.m. ET on Tuesday, November 8th, these are the only cancelations and closures that have been announced — but stay tuned for further updates.
Mini-Golf and Water Parks:
- The following offerings will be closed on Thursday, November 10th:
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park (Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is currently closed for the season.)
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf
- Fantasia Gardens
- Fairways Miniature Golf
UPDATE: The following information was on the Walt Disney World site around 8 a.m. but was removed from the site with the 9:45 a.m. update. It’s unclear whether there are still plans for these temporary closures, but here’s what it said just in case.
- The following Resort hotels will be closed Wednesday, November 9th through Friday, November 11th:
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney is currently contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations impacted by this change.
- Guests may reschedule their trip or cancel their stay and any cancellation fees will be waived.
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
- Additionally, performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue have been canceled for November 9th through the 11th.
- Guests with pre-paid reservations for the show will be canceled and refunded to the original form of payment.
More on Subtropical Storm Nicole:
- Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando are currently under a state of emergency issued by Florida Governor Ron Desantis ahead of the storm’s arrival.
- Disney Cruise Line has also made some adjustments to its itineraries due to the storm.