After a three-season stint, Tyra Banks is stepping down as host of Dancing with the Stars, according to Deadline.
- Tyra Banks first began hosting Dancing with the Stars in season 29, taking over for long-time host Tom Bergeron.
- According to Deadline, her tenure had mixed results; “while she added a different level of energy to the ballroom, her live exchanges with both the judges and the contestants were often awkward. Her grand entrances also upstaged the pros, who remain a huge draw for longtime DWTS fans.”
- As the show moved from ABC to Disney+ last season, America’s Funniest Home Videos host Alfonso Ribeiro joined Banks as co-host.
- A new season has yet to be announced by Disney+, but it is expected to continue.
- Other previously announced departures include judge Len Goodman and dancing pros Cheryl Burke and Mark Ballas.
More Disney+ News:
- A Doctor Who spin-off starring Jemma Redgrave as UNIT head Kate Stewart is reportedly in the works.
- Child actor Thom Nemer has been cast as the titular character in the upcoming Disney+ film adaptation of Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.
- Disney+ revealed exclusive poster art created by multidisciplinary visual artist James Jean at the world premiere of American Born Chinese at SXSW.
Sign up for Disney+ or the Disney Streaming Bundle (Disney+, ESPN+, and ad-supported Hulu) now