If Fantasy Football isn’t enough to keep fans entertained between games, they now have another sport they can turn to. ESPN has announced a beta launch of ESPN Fantasy Soccer that promises to provide hours of fun, interactive, amusement for sports fans.
- ESPN has just launched a Beta version of their new ESPN Fantasy Soccer league.
- The program is available online in 3 languages across 13 global editions of ESPN.com.
- Fans can participate on smartphone, tablet and computer.
- Designed to create a fun and unique fantasy experience for both hardcore and casual soccer fans, ESPN Fantasy Soccer introduces fresh concepts and innovative gameplay that are new to fantasy soccer games.
- Presented in English, Spanish and Portuguese, ESPN Fantasy Soccer has head-to-head gameplay and supports multiple professional leagues in a year-round format that makes it easy for anyone to select a roster of top international players and compete with friends, family and other soccer fans around the world.
Play like a champion:
- At launch, ESPN Fantasy Soccer includes:
- Champions League
- English Premier League
- La Liga
- Liga MX with others to follow next year.
- Fans can sign up and begin playing at any time during a soccer league’s season and can create private Fantasy Soccer leagues to play against friends or join a public league to compete with other fans.
- Like all ESPN Fantasy games, ESPN Fantasy Soccer is free to play and accompanied by comprehensive news, analysis and tools.
- U.S. version of ESPN Fantasy Soccer in beta: http://espn.com/fantasyfc
New features unique to ESPN Fantasy Soccer include:
- Head-to-Head Gameplay – Unlike standard leaderboard formats common among most fantasy soccer games, ESPN Fantasy Soccer allows fans to compete head-to-head versus family, friends and other fans, creating a more social, competitive and consistently exciting game.
- Game Entry Any Time – A perpetual sign-up window allows users to play a “rest of season” league, starting from any point in a soccer league’s season at any time of the year.
- Player Tiers – Fans select players each week of the season from a designated series of tiers, with no salary cap or draft restrictions.
- Unlimited Transfers – Fans can change their teams every week based on the player tiers, allowing them to make as many transfers as they like throughout the season.
- Fantasy Soccer Content and Decision-Making Tools – ESPN Fantasy Soccer provides unprecedented levels of content and in-game data to help fans make informed picks each week. These include proprietary fantasy score projections developed by ESPN’s Stats and Information Group, weekly player outlooks and injury reports, up-to-the-minute information on which players are likely to start each match, and extensive news and analysis specifically tailored to ESPN Fantasy Soccer.
What they’re saying:
- Jarrod Schwarz, Vice President, Product, Disney Direct-To-Consumer & International: “Soccer is a truly global game with impassioned fans who follow top professional leagues year around, so we created a fantasy soccer game that will serve those fans all over the world. ESPN Fantasy has built the most popular fantasy games in the industry – including ESPN Fantasy Football, Tournament Challenge, Streak and others – but for international soccer, we couldn’t simply replicate existing games. We had to innovate and introduce new features and gameplay to properly fit the unique nature of a global sport, and we’ll continue to build and improve the game in the coming months.”