Two Disney California Adventure entertainment offerings — one long-running and the other very new — are set to undergo closures and changes last this month. The Red Car Trolley News Boys will hold its last performances on July 23rd while elements from the recently opened Tale of the Lion King will be removed after July 21.
The Red Car Trolley News Boys
- After a seven-year run, The Red Car Trolley News Boys show will close after performances on July 23rd.
- Although the show continued even as the titular Red Car Trolley started a lengthy refurbishment in April (that will last into 2020), the absence of the trolley has reportedly impacted the number of guests watching the offering.
- In a statement, officials of the development, “Based on viewership trends and the needs of our business, we have closed the show,” adding, “Without the trolley, the show just didn’t offer the same value to guests.”
- P.S. — Matthew Gottula (@DLthings on Twitter) who first broke this news urges fans of the show to drop a message to Disney in hopes they might bring the show back when the Trolley refurbishment is complete.
Tale of the Lion King
- Another entertainment change is also in store for Disney California Adventure as elements of the Tale of the Lion King show that debuted last month will be removed after July 21st.
- This includes a reduction in the number of dancers featured in the show.
- A Disney official confirmed the changes to us, but noted, “It’s not unusual to make creative changes to a show once it opens.”
- Tale of the Lion King is still currently set to run through September 2nd.
- You can watch our video of the show below: