ESPN will premiere Heavy: Fury v Schwarz, a behind-the-scenes look at heavyweight boxing champ Tyson Fury and his former challenger Tom Schwarz in the days leading up to their recent fight.
- The special will air just two days before Fury defends his title against unbeaten contender Otto Wallin this Saturday, September 14 live and exclusively on ESPN+.
- Director Peter Berg and Film 45 give viewers an intimate portrait of Fury and Schwarz in the days, and tense moments, leading up to their fight.
- Produced and directed by renowned filmmaker Berg, the creator and executive producer of the multiple award-winning NBC drama series “Friday Night Lights” and several ESPN Films’ “30 for 30” installments, “HEAVY: Fury v Schwarz” features behind-the-scenes footage of Fury and his then-undefeated challenger as they prepared for their showdown.
- The documentary is executive produced by Matthew Goldberg, Brandon Carroll and Matthew Shattuck for Film 45, and it will premiere this Thursday, September 12 at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT on ESPN.
- “HEAVY: Fury v Schwarz” will re-air three times on Friday 9/13: at 3 a.m. ET on ESPN2, and at 11 p.m. and midnight ET on ESPNEWS, and then on Saturday 9/14 at 7 a.m. ET on ESPNEWS.
- Watch the trailer for the upcoming documentary here:
What they’re saying:
- Director Peter Berg: “We are excited to provide a raw and intimate account of the Tyson Fury v Tom Schwarz fight. The documentary takes viewers into the minds and lives of the boxers as they navigate the pressures of the mentally and physically taxing sport.”
- Matt Kenny, vice president of programming at ESPN: “HEAVY: Fury v Schwarz is a terrific documentary and we are thrilled to be able to bring it to boxing fans on ESPN platforms, the home of combat sports. Peter Berg is a master storyteller of exceptional credentials who has created an unforgettable portrait of Fury’s Las Vegas breakout moment.”