NFL PrimeTime will return this fall, this time to ESPN+. The fan favorite NFL highlights show will air live at 7:30 pm ET on Sundays throughout the 2019 NFL season.
- NFL PrimeTime with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson, the iconic National Football League highlights show than ran from 1987-2005, is returning this fall on ESPN+.
- Beginning Sunday, September 15, with Week 2, NFL PrimeTime on ESPN+ will stream on ESPN+ live Sunday nights throughout the 2019 NFL season at 7:30 pm ET, exclusively on the leading direct-to-consumer sports streaming service.
- It will also be updated following its initial live airing, with highlights from Sunday and Monday night games, and be available on-demand each week on ESPN+ until late Wednesday night.
- For 19 years on ESPN, NFL PrimeTime with Berman and Jackson was appointment viewing for football fans as the legendary ESPN duo recapped every Sunday afternoon NFL game in-depth during the fun and fast-paced 60-minute program.
- Together, they helped redefine NFL highlights with their back-and-forth banter, Berman’s signature player nicknames and delivery, and Jackson’s analysis.
- In addition to Berman and Jackson, SportsCenter anchor Scott Van Pelt and Monday Night Football’s Joe Tessitore will also contribute to NFL PrimeTime on ESPN+, voicing highlights of each week’s remaining Sunday and Monday games – which will be updated for the video on-demand episode.
What they’re saying:
- Russell Wolff, General Manager of ESPN+: “Chris Berman and Tom Jackson’s return to NFL PrimeTime on ESPN+ combines one of ESPN’s most beloved franchises and signature voices with our most exciting new platform for fans. Chris and Tom are the best to ever call NFL highlights and now a whole new generation of fans will be able to watch them each week as ESPN+ showcases all the best plays and key moments from the week’s action in the National Football League.”
- ESPN Executive Vice President, Event and Studio Production Stephanie Druley: “NFL PrimeTime is about more than highlights; it’s about telling a deeper story of the game. It’s not just about what happened; it’s about why and how it happened. This is a passion project for Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. It is incredibly exciting to have the show return on ESPN+ where fans can stream and watch on demand.”
- Chris Berman: “ESPN just celebrated its 40th birthday and the NFL is celebrating its 100th season. What better way to commemorate both occasions than by bringing back NFL PrimeTime, now on ESPN+. I hope everyone is as excited about this as we are.”
More NFL on ESPN+:
- NFL PrimeTime’s return on ESPN+ is the latest NFL offering from the direct-to-consumer streaming service, which already features Peyton’s Places and the pro football-themed Detail, both starring former NFL quarterback Peyton Manning.
- Themed to the NFL’s 100th season, the 30-episode Peyton’s Places – which debuted in August and continues each week of the NFL season – revisits seminal moments in NFL history and explores the sport’s cultural impact through Manning’s conversations with former players, coaches and other key figures.
- The eight-episode Detail, a collaboration between Manning, ESPN+, NFL Films and Kobe Bryant’s award-winning Granity Studios, is a ground-breaking X’s and O’s NFL-themed analysis program that debuted in 2018.