It looks like Disney has found someone to star opposite Diego Luna in their upcoming Cassian Andor series planned for Disney+. Adria Arjona is reportedly heading to a galaxy far, far away, according to Deadline.
- Arjona is best known for he role in Pacific Rim: Uprising, in which she shared the screen with Star Wars star John Boyega.
- Disney has not commented on the addition of Arjona to the upcoming series and there are currently no details regarding her role.
- The series is also set to return Alan Tudyk to reprise his role as K-2SO.
- Also set to be featured in the cast:
- Denise Gough
- Genevieve O’Reilly
- Stellan Skarsgard
- Kyle Soller
- The series will be written and directed by showrunner Tony Gilroy, who co-wrote Rogue One and served as uncredited director of that film’s highly publicized reshoots.
- Additional writers on the series include Dan Gilroy (Nightcrawler), Beau Willimon (House of Cards), and Stephen Schiff (The Americans).
- The Cassian Andor series will take place five years prior to the events of Rogue One and is set to follow one of the film’s heroes in the early years of the rebellion against the Empire.
- No release date for the series has been announced.
ICYMI – More Star Wars news:
- The next Star Wars audiobook is set during the Clone Wars period and will be released later this month. StarWars.com announced the voice cast for the book which includes fan favorite actors reprising their Clone Wars roles.
- Baby Yoda has been on the move. The Force sensitive child’s travels have brought him to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! Now guests can scoop their very own plush version of the youngster when they visit Batuu at Walt Disney World.
- Tom Pollock, former Universal Pictures chairman and attorney known for brokering the Star Wars deal for George Lucas, has passed away at the age of 77.