Yesterday, we were in parts of Disney California Adventure for the first time in almost a year thanks to A Touch of Disney, a food and merchandise event taking place at the park, and we were able to get some new views of Avengers Campus, the newest land yet-to-open at the park.
- Since a portion of Disney California Adventure reopened as an extension of the Downtown Disney District, the closest we can get to the highly anticipated Avengers Campus has been this little alcove that often features food carts and merchandise stands.
- The alcove, in an area that used to be part of It’s Tough to Be a Bug, is behind the building of the new WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure attraction, affording guests a view of the themed exterior of that building.
- However, now that the park is “open” for the A Touch of Disney event, offering guests the chance to see more of the park to shop and eat, without the attractions (those are still closed per state guidelines), we can get another view of the new Avengers Campus, this time from a connected walkway from Cars Land.
- From this angle, we can see the Avengers logo (which lights up at night) as well as the Quinjet, which has landed on the roof of a building in the new land.
- Park Die-Hards might wonder how the connection from Cars Land to Avengers Campus will blend seamlessly. That answer lies underneath these brown tarps.
- Though covered while we were there, during Cast Member previews of the event some camera-toting folks spotted these (intentionally or unintentionally, you be the judge) uncovered billboards with the vintage Route 66/Radiator Springs Aesthetic advertising Stark Motors to help make the land-to-land transition more seamless. By the time A Touch of Disney was open to the general public, the billboards were covered in these brown tarps.
- Disney California Adventure was recently announced to fully open on April 30th, with attractions open again and a capacity reduced to 15%, and limited to California Residents. Avengers Campus will not be open on this date, and a grand opening date has yet to be announced.
- For more of the fun we had during A Touch of Disney, including this new view of Avengers Campus, be sure to check out our replay of our Live Walk and Talk below!
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning