- During an interview with CNBC today, Chapek announced that Disneyland will reopen after being closed for more than a year on April 30th.
- Both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure will be open and operate at “15% of fire code.”
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, the resort will invite Cast Members and “members of the local community” to be among the first to visit the reopened park ahead of the official April 30th date.
- As with other reopened Disney parks, the Disneyland Resort will utilize a theme park reservation system, requiring that all guests ages 3 and up obtain a reservation for park entry in advance.
- Given the capacity limits, theme park reservations will also be limited and subject to availability.
- Additionally, per California guidelines, only California residents may visit the parks until further notice.
- More details about this new reservation system will be available soon.
- Meanwhile, the (now sold out) A Touch of Disney events will go on as planned on select dates from March 18th through April 19th.
- Notably, Avengers Campus will not open when the parks do on April 30th. The new land is still currently slated to open in 2021.
- One new experience fans look forward to is Snow White’s Enchanted Wish — the reimagined version of the classic Snow White’s Scary Adventure — which will debut in Disneyland’s Fantasyland.
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
- As the theme parks plan to welcome back guests, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa plans to reopen on April 29th.
- Like with the parks, the hotel will also have a limited capacity.
- The reopening of the hotel will be followed by the previously announced return of the Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on May 2nd.
- At this time, Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel and the Disneyland Hotel will remain closed.
What they’re saying:
- Ken Potrock, president of the Disneyland Resort: “The day all of us have long been waiting for is almost here. We’re excited to have more than 10,000 cast members returning to work as we get ready to welcome our guests back to this happy place.”
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disneyland Resort travel planning