It’s starting to feel like things are back on track, at least for Marvel fans. Today, Marvel Studios released the first poster and teaser for the Phase Four film, Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings.
- This morning the poster for Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings debuted on actor Simu Liu’s Instragam and Twitter social sites.
- Liu, who stars as the film’s title character, Shang-Chi, celebrates his birthday today and Marvel Studios gave him the poster to share as a special birthday gift!
- In his Instagram post Liu says how special this film is for him explaining how he grew up with little Asian representation in movies and television beyond just a passing role or attempt at diversity.
- But the poster wasn’t all Marvel had to offer. Shortly after revealing the image, they also dropped the first official teaser.
- In the action packed 2 minute clip, audiences get a glimpse at the stunning martial arts and hand to hand combat that will be present throughout the film along with a few humorous moments that lighten the tension.
About Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings:
- The story focuses on Shang-Chi’s relationship with his father, who closed him off from the outside world while he trained in the martial arts, only to release him later to do his bidding. Shang-Chi would eventually learn that his father was not the man he thought he was. Now he must confront the past he thought he left behind when he is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization.
- Simu Liu as Shang-Chi,
- Tony Leung as Wenwu
- Awkwafina as Shang-Chi’s friend Katy
- Michelle Yeoh as Jiang Nan
- Fala Chen
- Meng’er Zhang
- Florian Munteanu
- Ronny Chieng
- Directed by Destin Daniel Cretton
- Produced by Kevin Feige and Jonathan Schwartz
- Executive Produced by Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso and Charles Newirth
- Screenplay by David Callaham, Destin Daniel Cretton and Andrew Lanham
Shang-Chi and The Legend of Ten Rings opens in theaters on September 3, 2021.