ABC has ordered the reboot of The Wonder Years, the drama Queens, and two new comedies Maggie, and Abbott Elementary.
- Deadline has reported that ABC has ordered multiple shows to series on the network.
- The shows included in the series orders include The Wonder Years, Queens, Maggie, and Abbott Elementary.
About The Wonder Years
- Set in the same time frame as the original, this reboot will follow a black middle-class family in Montgomery, Alabama in the late 1960s, and how they made sure it was “The Wonder Years” for themselves too.
- The Wonder Years reboot is being written by Saladin Patterson (Dave) and directed by Fred Savage, who played Kevin Arnold in the original 1980s series.
- Queens will follow four estranged and out-of-touch women in their 40s (played by Brandy, and recently announced additions, Naturi Naughton and Eve) who reunite for a chance to recapture their fame and regain the swagger they had as the “Nasty Bitches,” their ’90s group that made them legends in the hip-hop world.
- Per Deadline: “Based on the short film of the same name, by Tim Curcio, Maggie follows a young woman trying to cope with life as a psychic. Maggie regularly sees the fate of her friends, parents, clients, and random strangers on the street, but when she suddenly sees a glimpse of her own future, Maggie is forced to start living in her own present.”
About Abbott Elementary:
- Per Deadline: “A group of teachers is brought together in one of the worst public schools in the country, simply because they love teaching. They will rely on one another to make it through the day and find a way to counteract the school district’s bullsh*t attitude toward educating children.”
Along with the new orders, ABC had renewed multiple shows today and the past few weeks including: